Sunday, October 2, 2011

My First Week of YWAM!

Dear Friends and Family,

I have just completed my first week of YWAM. It was AMAZING! I have already learned so much. And this is only the beginning. Can you imagine how much I will have learned after 3 months? I am excited to learn and grow.
There are a total of 14 students here. A family is here doing their DTS. :) So we have three little kids here as well. They are adorable. That was one thing that I was praying/hoping for, kids.
Our speaker this week talked about ‘hearing God’s voice’.  Something that really stuck out to me is that ‘God wants an intimate relationship with me’. He doesn’t want just a one sided relationship. He wants to communicate with me. And that how I view myself makes a difference in order to be intimate. If I look down on myself, than even believing that God wants to talk to me is hard. And if I don’t believe that God wants to talk to me, than I am not listening for God’s voice. And if I don’t listen for God’s voice, then I can more easily miss what God has to say.  Listening for God’s voice is something that takes practice but it is well rewarding. I had heard some of this before but this time it really made me think.
My favorite time during the day is ‘Time with the LORD’. We have an entire hour to spend time with God. And that’s not just reading and writing in a journal time, but doing whatever that gives you time with God. Some people take walks with God; others praise God and spend time with him though taking pictures. I have been playing hymns on my pennywhistle (Which my family had to send to me. Thanks family!) ‘Time with the Lord’ is right after breakfast, early in the morning. It is an incredible way to start the day.
Prayer requests: For growth, that great friendships are built, that we can live well together in community, that everybody’s funds come in for outreach, and that God shows up and really takes us places.

 Love,

Haleigh

No comments:

Post a Comment