Sunday, October 16, 2011

Dear Friends and Family,

The end of three weeks has come, and the fourth is starting this Monday. Time has gone so fast here. It's really been AMAZING!

The subject this week was the Holy Spirit. David Melander was our speaker. He was really good. Holy Spirit week was different as one couldn't take as many notes. Half of our class was lessons, and the other half was waiting on the Holy Spirit. It was a really cool week.

I have learned so much this week that it would take forever to tell you all of it. One of the big things that God told me is that I need to delight in him. He gave me the verse Psalm 37:4 "Delight yourself in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart." God really wants me to delight myself in him.

On Sunday I got to go to my Grandparent's house and celebrated my Grandfather's 85th birthday. I had so much fun with my family. We ate a lot of stew and just hung out together. :)

On Tuesday I did my local outreach. I am with the Homework Helpers at a trailer park. It is a lot of fun. The kids are really cool. I enjoy helping them. Sometimes it is hard for me to explain math because I understand it so well. So I guess I am learning too.

We went street evangelizing last evening. It was really cool. We prayed to God before we left, looking for things that would lead us to treasure (people). We did and it was cool to actually find some of the stuff. We brought hot cocoa with us to hand out. We ended up sitting on the sidewalk with a guitar and singing. Its really cool how guitars bring people. There was this one person who ended up playing us a song. He was really good. Well there was a couple people who played songs for us. It was super neat.

Prayer requests: funds for outreach, for joy as we do our work duties, that everyone would be in good health, that everyone would grow in the Lord, and that outreach planning will go well.

I am sending my love to all. I miss all of you. I am learning so much, thank you for supporting me.
Haleigh

No comments:

Post a Comment