Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Dandelion

The other day was free and I took a walk with a little boy named Liam. He is around 17 months and a very busy little boy.

Liam is interested in everything. Sticks, weeds, flowers, water bottles, rocks, chairs, broomsticks... Pretty much everything. He wants to know what it is and what you can do with it. I have watched him push a chair over, stand it up, and then do it all over again. He is in awe of the world and how it works.

We were walking along, taking time as he bent down and pick up a leaf or other weeds. Wanting to touch everything. not caring what is was. (I didn't let him touch all that he saw) I picked up a dandelion and showed him how to blow on it. He thought it was the coolest thing in the world. He would blow, not get far, then give it to me to blow. And after want another one.

It made me think. How long has it been since I was so much in awe of God's creation or in awe of God himself. There is so much that can put me in awe of God, yet it has been a while since I have allowed myself to be in awe. I see the world, but do not let it get to me. I want to change this about myself, and I challenge you to do the same.

Let us live life together in awe of God and what he has made.

Thanks to all who have read this blog. It means a lot to me. It is our last week in the city of Gorge. I am going to miss it. But I am excited for Cape Town. And what God is going to do there through us. Each day is exciting in that way.

Something that has put me in awe of God today is:
The kids at Kidstop. We prayed with some of them and seeing God work with them and them having emotional healing. It was pretty awesome to be a part of it. And seeing how God can work though people. God is AMAZING!

I love you all. Sending big hugs! :)
Haleigh

1 comment:

  1. Can I just say it? "I'm in awe of my little girl!"
    You just keep growing... and in the right directions!
    I'm thankful you keep giving us little glimpses of your Big Adventure!
    : )

    ReplyDelete