Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Cape Town

Dear Friends and Family,

Friday was our last day of ministry in George as well as in Blanco. We led their ladies bible study. It was a very good time. I was volunteered to teach. Which I did and I had a great time. It was crazy cool how God opened my mouth. What I taught really flowed from my mouth, and even with translation it flowed well. I taught on how we are made in God’s image and how we need to live like we are. It truly impacted them.

We are now in Cape Town. We arrived on Sunday, after a 6 hour drive. We are in a suburb call Fish Hoek. It is a nice little area. We have a house. There are 15 of us in a pretty small space. So there are 4 of us sleeping in a tent. But we are glad for what we have. :) All in all it is very nice. We are like a 15 min walk from the beach.

We did our first day of ministry today. We are in a township called Masiphumelele (I can’t pronounce it either). We walked around and meet people so that we could tell them about Jesus. My group of three went and met this lady named Samantha. She is a follow of Jesus but had moved in the last year and has not had any opportunity to connect with other believers; due to not knowing any. Because of that she was feeling low in spirit. Our coming to her really made her day, as well as ours. A lady with us lives in Masiphumelele and is going to connect her to some worship times and more believers.

God has really blessed us on this outreach. Things that normally are harder are made easy. We praise God for all he has done and has yet to do.

Prayer requests: For our whole team (The names are: Katie, Caitlin, Brendan, Dorie, Tammy, Lara, Ageeth, Jarryd, Courtney, Paul and Michelle, their kids: Lola, Violet and Laim. And me, Haleigh), Travel safety (Paul and Brendan are driving us and it is a little different on the other side of the road), For open doors in our ministry, For boldness in Christ. And anything else you can think of. We welcome the prayers.

I want to thank you all for the prayers that have been already prayed for. We can tell can that we have been covered in prayer. It really has made a difference for us. Thanks so much.

I am sending my love towards all of you. I can't wait till I see you again.
Blessings,
Haleigh

No comments:

Post a Comment