Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas!!!

Dear Friends and Family,

To describe to you this week is almost impossible. So much has happened. But I will do my best, thousugh you are missing lots... (Doesn't that make you curious? Hehehe that is my plan. ;) )

On Monday we helped out at this place called Kidstop. It is run by Youth for Christ and is put on by this AMAZING  woman called Aunt Betty. It is a place for kids to go to keep them off the streets. We help by entertaining the kids and putting on a program for them. It is a lot of fun. :)

Tuesday we went to this place called Options in the morning and in the afternoon we went to Golden Valley. Options is a place of counselling for teens who get pregnant and are not sure what to do. It is really cool place. It is run by a Lady from Minnesota, Chanhassin (I can't spell by my Aunt Cheryl lives by there). We went there and we weeded the place for them, as well as did other odd jobs that they don't get to that often. Golden Valley is a very poor district. Also called the Blanco district. We went and played with the kids there.

Wednesday was the day we went to the drug rehab center. We were there all day. And also weeded their garden. This garden was a lot more work though. That evening we did a service for them. I was the one who spoke. Which was very nerve wrecking. But it taught me to relay on God and he really did get me though it and it turned out really good.

The morning of Thursday we went to the Hospital. Some people dressed as clowns, others facepainted, and the rest went where we were needed. We prayed with a lot of people. It was cool. That afternoon we went and did a street connect. Which means they dropped us off at one end of the street and we would go so far and pray with whoever we met. It was really cool.  My group ended up spending most of our two hours with this Lady (Esther) and her son, Praise. Esther, we learned had already has a relationship with Jesus. What we ended up doing was filling each other's love bucket. I spent most of the time playing with her son. We had a great time. He is a sweet little boy. He was fascinated with my camera. Didn't really get that you could take pictures with it, just liked seeing things though it. My two teammates prayed for Esther and the back-pain that she has had constantly for the last four years was gone. It was amazing.

On Friday we went back to Kidstop. If you would like to know more see Monday.

We had a flu bug that past around our team. It was awful. It made stuff come out both ends, if you know what I mean. I got it Friday evening. But it looks like it is over now. We are all better and no one else is getting sick. Praise God!

Sat was our day off. I spent most of the day in bed recovering. But stuff was staying in.

Sunday (or today) we went to church. Then went to the Blanco district and handed out packages to the kids. little Christmas gifts. It was cool. After we went to Kidstop and helped give them a Christmas lunch and read them the Christmas story. Than we came back to where we are staying and had a very AMAZING Christmas dinner. It was fabulous. Afterwords we opened secret angels gifts. (everyone picked a name and secretly bought them a gift) Than we had a big surprise. Our School Leader Deb, had secretly contacted our families and they sent a gift with us. We all knew that today was Christmas, but it didn't really have that Christmas feel. No snow, family, family gifts or cold. It was head knowledge, getting a gift from my family made it heart knowledge  It really made Christmas, Christmas. (If my ma isn't crying by now than something is not normal with her) Thank you everyone who sent a letter to me. Words cannot say how much I  love getting them. It really made it feel like Christmas. Thanks Ma for the bright idea to send people's letters to me. It made my day. (Now I am guessing the tears are even bigger) I love you Ma! Thank you so much everyone! I really felt the love.

To my CMA buddies. I met someone here who is thinking of joining CMA. It is AWESOME. I am halfway around the world and still found a biker buddy. ;)

I miss you all. MERRY MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!

Love,
Haleigh

1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas! Andrew spent the night here and Eric, Alyssa and the kids came at 10 am and we opened gifts and had cinnamon rolls. Eisley helped me decorated a birthday cake for Jesus. Grandma, Cheryl, Scott, Tyler and Tasha came over for dinner (We had lasagna)and everyone was gone by 6 pm. Grandma and I are going to your house for a couple of days. Uncle Peter is staying home because of his disgusting eyes!I am glad you are feeling better! with all my love, Aunt Cyndi

    ReplyDelete